Winter is coming and so will the holiday season in a few weeks. Christmas is a joyous time to spend some time with your family and friends. It is also the time when you buy gifts for your loved ones.
But Christmas is not just about buying gifts. It is also about decorating your house with Christmas lights all over. And if you are a bit competitive and want your house to stand out, you will certainly want the best holiday lighting decoration in the neighborhood.
However, your house roof will have to take the brunt of all the holiday lighting decorations. Our Naperville roofing experts give you a quick rundown on how to hang holiday lighting without damaging your roof.
Three types of clips to hold the lights
Instead of using fasteners that can puncture holes in your roof, you can use clips specifically designed for hanging holiday lighting.
- Simple hooks: These single clips are meant to secure a single line of holiday lights. You can attach these hooks to the gutters.
- Clip to the line: If you want a stronger hold for the lights, you can go for these clips. They are great to attach icicle and rope lights.
- Clip to the bulb: If you are making a precise light design using bulbs, you can use these clips. The bulbs can be clipped facing upward, downward, and sideways.
Things to remember while hanging holiday lighting on the roof
Our Naperville roofers ask homeowners to remember these points before hanging holiday lighting on their roofs.
- Safety: Make sure that you maintain safety while hanging the lights. There is a risk of slips and falls due to ice and snow. So, be careful!
- Plan everything: Before you climb the roof to hang holiday lights, make a solid plan. Mark where you want each string of light to go.
- Protect your roof: Holiday lights can cause major damage to your roof. Make sure you don’t step on shingles and tiles often. Avoid stepping on hammers and nails. And avoid decorating your chimney.
Christmas holiday lighting does look good but let’s be real! If you want to avoid roof damage, you must avoid hanging holiday lighting. You can always install lawn decorations and still enjoy the holiday spirit.
However, even if you decide to hang holiday lighting on your roof, make sure you follow our guidelines. At Titan Construction, we want all our customers to have a sturdy roof that always protects them.
Being one of the leading roofing contractors Naperville IL, we have provided roofing repair, replacement, and installation services. Get in touch with our team now to know more!
With Titan- Satisfaction is Always Guaranteed!